Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Fast

I had all this stuff in mind that I thought I would post about my fast but instead I think I'll sum it up....

I did a Daniel Fast (google it if you dont know), I've done it before but it's been a long time.  It was hard, mostly for one main reason, giving up coffee!  Not only did I miss the energy from coffee but I just love the comfort that a morning cup of coffee brings me.  And I also did a media "fast".  Which for me meant no TV at all, no facebook, no looking at house stuff online(my biggest obsession), and no blogging.

Long story short, I don't know why God called me to fast, but I know He did.  If He chooses to bless me for it, that would be incredible.  But if my only reason for doing it was just to sacrifice something and show my commitment to God, that is just fine with me. 

I do feel closer to Him now which is definitely incredible.  Before my fast, I knew He was there and when I talked to Him I felt like I could picture Him up in Heaven listening.  But now when I talk to Him I feel like He's right there in front of me, which is an amazing feeling. 

If you feel called to fast, I challenge you, do it!  It's an incredible and eye opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment