Friday, January 28, 2011

Value your loved ones

Lately, I've had so many things remind me to value my loved ones; whether news stories or my own personal experiences. For example, it was on this day one year ago and almost this minute that my coworker Jaunita Lowry walked into work, set her stuff down and collapsed to the ground right in front of me... she never came back to and was taken off life support just a couple days later. That is how quickly life can leave you.
For those that don't know, my Dad had a very scary thing happen to him a couple weeks ago. On his way home from work he blacked out, drove straight into a tree and totaled the car. An ambulance took him to the hospital and his injuries from the accident were cuts, bruises and swelling. The bigger issue was the reason he passed out. They realized his heart had stopped. He had a pacemaker put in and he is healing nicely. Praise the Lord! Had he passed out at work, he probably wouldn't have gone to the doctor at least not right away or had he passed out a little further into his drive home he would have been on the highway. I am so thankful for God's protection over him. It just makes you realize... you really never know.
So I guess take this as a lesson... don't sweat the small stuff, even the big stuff isn't worth fighting about. Appreciate your loved ones, and always let them know how much you cherish them; not just by telling them so, but also in the way you treat them.
I hope Raeleigh always knows she's my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment