Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New (Old) Picnic Table

I previously posted this picture of the picnic table I found and bought off of Craigslist.


It was exactly what I had been looking for.  Although the weathered look was nice and I'd have no problem keeping it that way if I had to, I decided to spruce it up!

I search online and found a great tutorial on just what to do. "How to Restore Outdoor Furniture"

I cleaned it up with just these few items...


And made this happen...



It was so fun to watch the transformation!  Now you should know, it looks extra nice because the cleaned bench was wet down, but when it dried, it still looked like this...

Very nice, but not done yet!  I didn't want to stain it because it was such a naturally pretty color.  It's Nyatoh wood, similar to teak.  So I used this...

I just rubbed it on using a rag, and then went right back through and did a second coat.  See the difference! 




Rich, shiny and protected.



No comments:

Post a Comment