Thursday, May 24, 2012

Going To Use Our Time Wisely

We have a LOT going on this weekend, but before I get to that I thought I'd show you a picture of my first harvest.

Unfortunately because of the hot weather my lettuce has bolted (makes the lettuce bitter) early. As soon as I realized that I was out there harvesting.  We are going to eat it tonight but I'm not so sure how good it'll be.  We shall see!

So this weekend my sweet baby girl is taking a trip to her Mema and Papa's house.  For those that don't know they live around the StL area.  Which means my daughter will be on the other side of the state from where I am.  I miss her already!  I know it's good for her to go and spend that time with them and I know they'll love it but man it's going to be hard.

So, to keep myself busy I decided to do things around the house, things that are not so easy to get done while she's here.  And what is that exactly?  Painting!  I've been anxious to repaint my living room/entry/stairwell/hallways for months now.  I had already painted it after we moved in.  How it looked when we moved in...




Then we painted it to look like this...




It turned out exactly how I meant for it to look.  I wanted that color tan with the lighter tan stripes.  But once it was in there it just didn't look right.  It looked really traditional in that space, it just wasn't me.  So this weekend I'll be painting it all again.  It's a big undertaking because like i said, it's the living room, entryway, stairwell, upstairs hallway and downstairs hallway.  Not to mention a section of ceiling above the stairs and possibly the hand rails.  

I'm the kind of person though that when I set my mind on something I get it done.  This of course is hard when you have a kid, there are a lot of distractions.  A lot of really adorable, totally awesome distractions.


But nonetheless, they get me off track.   So I think I can get it done.

Also, Jake is taking on a building project in the backyard.  Most people that know me and are my friends on facebook have probably figured it out but I'm still keeping it under wraps on here for now.  Check back next week when hopefully it will all be done and I can post pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment