Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home-y

So since I got home from staying at my aunts house for a week in California I've been trying to achieve the "homey-ness" I felt there.  My bare walls and bla-zay decor weren't getting me there so I've made a few changes and though I still have a LONG way to go, I'm starting to "see it" and that makes me happy.

*Note* The "befores" are just from the last time I posted pictures of the sapce they aren't from when we first moved in.  See the House Tour tab for that.

Living Room
I had recently made a big change in the living room as you can see here.  But I've started to add a few more things, wall art, throw pillows, etc...
Before
Now

 Before
Now
 I've changed up the mantle a bit too.
Before
Now
 Now
I have big plans for this wall that are beginning to happen now!

The Office
It's hard to see the changes in here because they are pretty simple.  It includes moving pictures around, adding the mirror above the desk, my ikea throw on the love seat and stylizing the shelves.

Before
 Now(Sorry for the awful light exposure)
Before
Now

Now

Before
Now
That big blank blue wall drives me nuts!  It needs something to break it up.  I did buy something in California to hang up there but I need to buy a frame and mat for it still.

Family Room
Orginally I liked making this room really colorful so that the adult part meshed well with Raeleighs area but now I've decided to start working towards something more grown up looking.  Not even close to where I want to be but I have made some small changes.
Before

 Now
 Before
Now
 Now

Guest Room
I moved the nightstand over and now really need a dresser in there because I have a tv for that room and no where to put it.  But you can finally see the new blinds.  I also hung a picture up.  It's temporary though because I don't know how well it "goes".  But I do love the picture it's of Palisades Park in Santa Monica (where we just visited and where I've been many times before).  Maybe if I just got a new frame for it it'd look better.
Before
Now
 Before
Now
 Before
Now

*Note* The garage is done (with the exception of moving the deep freeze) I just need to take pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment