Friday, May 4, 2012

Update

If I don't feel like blogging, I don't.  So I haven't written much lately... aside from the vacation post.  Speaking of which plane tickets jumped big time when I got ready to buy them so I'm not sure we are going now and I'm pretty bummed.  Still trying to make it work though. 

So just as an update I will tell you everything we've done lately.  Though I don't even have pictures.  We now have a garden.  We are the proud growers of mixed leaf lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers and yellow onions.  The patio still looks the same.  We've tried to pile dirt up on the side but every time it rains it washes away (even with the gravel underneath).  But I think it's a good thing because I've now decided on a prettier "finish".  We will put a retaining wall around about 1 1/2 to 2 ft out from the patio and fill it with dirt, mulch and plants.  We will leave two openings for walking paths.  We will have to save to be able to make that happen though.  So in the meantime it's not the prettiest around the patio, but who cares because we still have that outdoor liveable space now to crash, hang out and/or play with Raeleigh.  Who, by the way, seems to really love it.

We do have stairs on our deck now.  Hooray! The stairs and handrails are on, but not the spindles.  Jake just started putting the pickets up underneath the deck last night.  I'm very excited for that to be finished because I'm sick of looking at the dirt and rock pile under the deck.  But while working on it last night.... this happened.

STITCHES!!!  Yep.  While holding up a picket with one hand and trying to open up a box cutter blade with the other, the picket started to fall and with all the fumbling, the blade went straight into his wrist and hit an artery.  Sorry to gross you out but.. it was literally squirting out blood.  He wasn't going to go to urgent care but when I saw it I told him he needed to.  He was going to be happy to keep the paper towels and saran wrap around it. LOL!  So he got stitches and got to take off work.  Craziness.

So, those are the main things that have gone on lately around the homestead.  I would like to do a big paint job this month.  And I really think I will.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment