Thursday, December 6, 2012

A change of pace: FOOD!

So I can only remember maybe one time I ever blogged about food but over the last two days I've made 2 new recipes so I thought I'd go ahead and post about them...

I'm a Pinterest girl for sure.  I'm not crazy obsessed with it but I do use it as it's supposed to be used.  I know a lot of people will get on there for hours and pin everything and wont use anything they pinned.  I get on there from time to time when I'm looking for inspiration or for a new recipe, etc...  and then I actually DO what I pin.  One recipe I pinned a long time ago was a Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake.  See the recipe here.  I've been meaning to make it for a long time and I finally did.  Here's how mine turned out.
Looks pretty good huh?  So here's my review...
     I like EASY recipes and although this was an easy recipe there were a few more steps than I normally prefer to have to do.  However it was fun and Raeleigh even helped me along the way.  
Here she is in her apron eating the spinach and water soup she made. LOL!  
As far as the taste goes... well, it was good.  I enjoyed it but my complaint would be that its a little sweet.  I think that came from the spinach, so next time I'd probably put less in there.  Also the cream cheese taste was very distinct.  When I make a pasta casserole I prefer it to be garlicy/salty tasting.  So if I make this again I would change those few things.  Overall though, it did taste good.  Chance of me making this again: 25%.  Mainly because Raeleigh didn't like it and Jake wouldn't eat it.  Haha!  I knew he wouldn't before I made it though, it's not his thing.  I made it on a night just Raeleigh and I would be home.

So my next recipe I got from my Mom actually.  She had pinned it.  You can see the recipe here.  I don't have a name for it.  The original blogger just named it EASIEST RECIPE EVER. Ha!  I'd have to agree.  I just threw it all in the crockpot before work.  When I came home I just had to make some rice and wah-la, dinner is done!  Here it is...
My review... it was one of those recipes that I INSTANTLY knew on first bite that it was going to become a staple dinner in the Turner household.  Raeleigh and I both enjoyed it and I know Jake will too.  (He again wasn't home that night and he hasn't tried the leftovers yet.)  But it was SO easy and SO delicious.  Chance of me making this again: 100%!

Have any of you tried any good new recipes lately?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the easy one!!! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! You'll love it! Plus you can't beat how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete