- DEEP CLEAN. Boy did it need it. Remember this?
- Paint! We have almost painted every room in the house. Family room, living room, kitchen, hallways, master bedroom, Raeleigh's room, office and 4 bathrooms. The previous owners paint colors were pretty awful. So painting immediately was a must! Remember when we went from a seizure inducing yellow to a nice calm blue?
- Also in the kitchen we changed out all the hardware. Subtle change, but a big difference to me. I did not like the old hardware!
- Had the house and deck power-washed. Then stained the deck. See the before and after here.
- Bought a desk on craigslist and refinished it. See the desk.
- Office progress. We went from a blank canvas to a semi functioning office. See it here.
- Major family room overhaul. Included, patching priming and painting the walls. And getting a big comfy new couch. See the progress here.
A lot has been done but I have BIG plans for 2012. The only thing limiting me is finances. So I will list what we plan to do and then what I hope we can do.
- New patio!!!! I'm so excited for this. Our deck currently just walks down onto our yard. We plan to put in a 12x28 stained stamped concrete patio. We already got our bids and have our contractor picked out. So that should happen in the spring. We also plan to get a new swingset for Raeleigh. I'm pretty happy because we will be turning our backyard into a great place to hang out as a family.
-Speaking of the backyard. I'm pretty sure we plan (and not just hope) to put in a garden. We already have a raised bed along the back of the yard, it just needs a lot of fixing up before it can be utilized.
-Paint. Yes, more paint. I already want to repaint the living room, entry and hallway from tan to gray. Also, I love the stripes in the entryway but I want them to make them more dramatic. Which means a bigger contrast in stripe colors. I also plan to paint the guest bedroom, which is only one of the 2 rooms I haven't painted yet (laundry room being the other).
-Also paint related, I'm going to paint the fireplace mantle. It will probably be the first project I do in 2012. It's currently oak. BLA. I plan to paint it white.
-And back to the guest bedroom. Right now it's pretty much a bed in the middle of a room and thats it. On top of painting, I'd like to get a new comforter, curtains, art and a dresser.
-Shelves in the office closet. I really want the office to be extremely organized and functional, so I plan to install shelves in the closet.
- Add an outlet in the garage. We got a new deep freeze and I want it to be directly out the door but theres not an outlet there. So right now it's on the side of the garage and you have to walk around a car to get to it. So we are going to add an outlet and put it where want it!
- New curtain in the kitchen. This is another project I hope to do early in the year. There are no curtains or blinds on the window above the kitchen sink and it looks really naked. I plan to make a faux roman shade using a tutorial I found online.
- Find a good system to organize Raeleigh's toys downstairs. They're filling the room up fast! I got a basket for her stuffed animals yesterday. That alone excited me. I love organizing!
Though I'm sure there's more I plan to do, that's all I can think of right now.
-I don't want to paint the laundry room until we get new cabinets in there. So I hope to do that, ew larger cabinets and paint on the walls.
-Garage storage. I want that place ORGANIZED! I have my plan of action, it involves getting another set of shelves and a lot of categorizing and labeling.
-Also would like to paint the garage walls and the door to the house from the garage. I thought it would look nice to do light gray walls and a black door.
-Landscaping. The landscaping design in our front yard is not bad, but the plants are pretty ugly. I'd like to change some of those out. Also I'd like to plant a new tree in the backyard to give us a little privacy from the one neighbors yard we can see really well.
- I finally have the bigger desk picked out that I want for the office. It's from Home Decorators Collection (my favorite!). Hope to get it as soon as possible.Haven't decided what I'll do with the other desk yet. I may put it in the family room.
- I would love new lighting fixtures in the house, throughout really. But this year I hope to at least get a new dining chandelier.
- New fans. My sister-in-law works for Emerson and can get some great ones for us for free. I have 2 picked out and she designed both of them. I just have to be patient if I want them for free because they are show room models.
- A lot of my other hopes have to do with wanting new decor throughout the house so I'll just sum it up by saying that.
I have a much longer wishlist. But that's a good summary for the year. Here's hoping Jake keeps getting those songwriting gigs so we can have a lot more extra money! =)