Friday, April 6, 2012

To Do List Check-In

We are now 1/4 of the way through 2012 (how crazy is that?).  So I thought I'd check in on my To Do in 2012 list that I posted here, and see how I'm doing.

1. New Patio - Yep!  It just went in last week!

2. Garden - Almost. We took out all the nastiness, put in railroad ties, tilled it and filled it with dirt.  Now we just need plants!

3. Paint - Some.  I still want to paint the living room/entry area asap but haven't yet.  However I did just finally paint the guest bedroom.
4. Paint the Mantle - Done!  Read about how I did it here.

5. Furnish guest room - Not yet.  Can't afford to get anything else for that room yet.  I'm hoping to come across a cheap dresser and/or nightstand that I can fix up for in there.

6. Shelves in Office closet - Not yet. 

7. Add outlet in garage - I wish!  We haven't done this yet, but I will be so happy when we do, because then I can move the deep freezer to it's permanent home.

8.  Curtain for the kitchen - Yep!  DIY-ed a faux roman shade.  See how we did it here.
9. Toy Organization - Yep!  I got storage cube shelves and a big basket for stuffed animals.  This is not a totally current pic because I have since added 2 cubes to the bottom of the cube shelves to hold misc. toys in one and blocks in the other.
As far as things on my "Hope" list go... I got my new dining chandelier! 

Not doing too bad considering I still have 3/4 of the year left to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment